If your collection day is
Your collection day this week is
|Monday||Monday, July 2, 2012 (no change)|
|Tuesday||Tuesday, July 3, 2012 (no change)|
|Wednesday||Thursday, July 5, 2012|
|Thursday||Friday, July 6, 2012|
|Friday||Saturday, July 7, 2012|
Use this iCal link to add our holiday schedule for recycling and trash collection to your electronic calendar (Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.):
If you have any questions or concerns about your County-provided collection, please call the Montgomery County Customer Service Center (MC311) at 311 (out-of-County: 240-777-0311, TTY: 301-251-4850)
Note: if you (or your community) have a private contract for your trash collection, or if you live in a municipality, these schedule announcements may not apply to your trash service -- check with your hauler or community manager.
Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer StationTransfer Station location, hours and other details
- Tuesday, July 3, 2012: Open with normal hours
- Wednesday, July 4, 2012: Administrative offices and facility drop-offs closed
- Thursday, July 5, 2012: Open with normal hours
Poolesville Beauty SpotBeauty Spot location, hours and other details
- No changes to hours of operation at this time
Clamshells and other #1 plastics now acceptedEffective immediately, our Montgomery County recycling program now includes PET thermoform plastic containers and "clamshell" packaging for fruits, vegetables, bakery and deli items. PET, or polyethylene terephthalate, containers are easily identified by the #1 code on or near the bottom.
- See photo examples of newly-accepted plastic items on our blog.
- Download our handy mailer, or our updated Recycling Basics flyer as a reference
- Read the news release announcing the program expansion, including background information