Thursday, November 28, 2013 - Thanksgiving Day - is a recycling and trash collection holiday. After the holiday, all County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide, and be one day later than normal.
If your collection day is
Your collection day this week is
|Monday||Monday, November 25, 2013 (no change)|
|Tuesday||Tuesday, November 26, 2013 (no change)|
|Wednesday||Wednesday, November 27, 2013 (no change)|
|Thursday||Friday, November 29, 2013|
|Friday||Saturday, November 30, 2013|
If you have questions or concerns about your County-provided collection, please call the Montgomery County Customer Service Center (MC311) at 311 (out-of-County: 240-777-0311, TTY: 301-251-4850).
If you (or your community) have a private contract for your trash collection, or if you live in a municipality, our schedule announcements may not apply to your trash service -- check with your hauler or community manager.
To add our recycling/trash collection schedule changes directly to your electronic calendar, subscribe to this link.
Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer StationTransfer Station location, hours and other details
- November 27, 2013: Public drop-off areas close at 5:00 p.m.
- November 28, 2013: Entire facility closed.
Poolesville Beauty SpotBeauty Spot location, hours and other details
- Saturday, November 30, 2013: Open with normal hours.
- Sunday, December 1, 2013: Open with normal hours.
- Fat and grease disposal: "Can it, cool it, throw it away!" See detailed instructions for fats and grease from the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.
- Cooking oil recycling: Bring your used cooking oil to the Shady Grove Solid Waste Transfer Station. Recycle empty cooking oil bottles in your blue bin. See cooking oil recycling details on our website.
Recycle/dispose of holiday lights and Christmas treesWe've updated our list of local holiday light string recycling drop-offs.
Request a bulk trash pickup to dispose of artificial Christmas trees (or offer usable trees for reuse). We now accept cut Christmas trees year-round as yard trim. See Christmas tree recycling and disposal details.